Once again, Martin Creedy is organising this popular event. Martin writes:
MY FAVOURITE WINES
For this years annual wine tasting (the sixth!) I have taken a different slant. Rather than focusing on a region or country as we have done previously, I'm going to present my current favourite wines.
- We will sample the somewhat unknown French grape 'Durif' which has become rather special in certain Australian vineyards.
- An Argentinian stunner mixing Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon & Malbec.
- A simply awesome Italian wine (a country who's wine I knew very little of until recently but who have the largest variety of grapes (and thus wines) than any other country). My choice combines the Montepulciano, cherry-fresh Sangiovese, dark Primitivo and spicy Negroamaro.
- I’ve long been a fan of Portuguese wines especially those from the Douro region. This favourite comes from a 17th century estate in central Portugal that was once the king's falconry!
- For my fifth choice I will head for the USA – not a country that features in most peoples choices, largely I think because they tend to keep it to themselves and their internal market, but exports to the UK are growing and I’m going to choose a wonderful full-bodied wine, whose grape most people associate with cheap Rosé wine, but now you get to try it as it should be!
- Finally the Rhone valley – my all time favourite wine region. The question is will this magnificent wine be able to see off the new contenders – sign up and find out!!!
As always the format will be a tasting of all six wines followed by an extensive cheese board and extra glasses of your favourite wines of the evening.
Sign up by: Saturday 30th July 2016 - Please email me to confirm attendance
Commitment: This event takes some organising on my part and whilst I appreciate that people’s circumstances can change, I have to make a large investment in food and wine up front. So if you sign up to the event I will expect you to honour your commitment.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again - Its going to be a great evening ☺