Aggregate (monthly) Competition Rules
- Only current, fully paid up members may enter the competitions.
- Digital and chemical prints (inkjet and other print types) are acceptable in all Society organised competitions and Exhibitions.
- Projections are digital only.
- The copyright of every element, of all pictures entered, must belong to the photographer.
- Images created solely in the computer are not acceptable. Images should contain elements of 'light' recorded image.
- Up to 4 photographs may be entered in any one Monthly Aggregate competition - of these a maximum of 2 are allowed in one section.
- A photograph may be entered in the Monthly Aggregate competitions once in a 'Set Subject' section, plus once in an 'Open' Section.
- An Image may be entered as both a Print and a PDI (projected digital image) in Aggregate competitions, in both 'Open' plus 'Set Subject' sections.
- The photographer's single highest scoring image in each section, from 6 Print or 6 Slide competitions, will be totalled at the end of the Competition year, towards the Aggregate section Trophies. Points are awarded by independent judges.
- All entries must be titled, bear your name, and clearly indicate the section in which they are entered. ie. INTERMEDIATE OPEN, ADVANCED OPEN or SET SUBJECT.
Print Competitions comprise of 3 sections:
INTERMEDIATE OPEN - For new photographers and those of an improving standard, who do not feel they qualify for the Advanced section.
ADVANCED OPEN - For photographers who consistently provide high quality work.
SET SUBJECT - Photographers in both General and Advanced sections to attempt to portray a chosen subject.
- Entrants may not change sections from General to Advanced, or vice versa, during the Competition year.
- NOTE: Uniquely, EHHPS allow the photographer to enter either the GENERAL or ADVANCED at his/her own discretion.
- A total of 4 Prints may be entered on the night, with a maximum of 2 prints in either section.
- Prints must measure at least 8" along one side, not including the mount. There is no maximum size limit. nb this rule is a recommendation only - you can enter a smaller print, but this should be specifically for artistic reasons
- Prints must be mounted on a medium suitable for placing on the display boards.
- Prints must be delivered to the meeting room BY 7.45PM on the evening of the meeting. Late entries will not be accepted.
PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGES (PDI)
Competitions comprise of 2 sections:
OPEN - For ANY photographic images, no specified subject.
SET SUBJECT - To portray a chosen subject
- Entries must be submitted by the given closing date, normally the Sunday before the competition.
- Entries will not be accepted on the night of the competition.
- Up to 4 images may be entered in any each Monthly competition - with a maximum of 2 in either section..
Please note that rule 'I' applies. click here for more on DIGITAL PROJECTED IMAGES